We are hiring… | Know your motive
Interested in technology? Do you have strong opinions? We would love for you to join our team as a contributor…
If you’re looking to put your passion for technology into a paid position, good news – we’re hiring! You will join a group of industry veterans who have been covering the tech space for over 30 years!
As a member of the team, you’ll be responsible for covering all kinds of topics – from phone reviews to how-to guides to opinion pieces on the latest technologies and trends. Experience is not essential, but good grammar and writing skills are, so keep that in mind before applying.
what you will do
- Covering news and current events – everything from new phone leaks and what’s happening in the industry, to entertainment and culture-based stuff.
- Reviews of phones, laptops, wearables, headphones – basically many different types of products.
- Wrote numerous long articles on new trends, new products and new ideas. You’ll also do plenty of tutorials and how-to guides on how to use and get the most out of different types of technology, from phones and tablets to software, laptops and consoles.
What you will need
- Good grammar and writing skills are essential. You will be joining a fast-paced team, so you need to be able to get started quickly. As I said before, experience is not essential, but good writing skills are.
- You will need your own computer, the ability to work remotely – we don’t do offices, it’s so 2018 – and you need to be motivated. There are also plenty of opportunities for progression; we’re always looking for more experienced people, so if you ever fancy becoming a publisher, this might be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
- You will also need a nice big dollop of stir. What do I mean by scramble? I mean, you’ll need to be comfortable reaching out to companies, brands, and PR agencies for feedback, as well as attending launch events and product demos in your area.
The position is a freelance position, so you are not required to work solely with us. Our entire team is working remotely, so you are too. If you have been therelooking for a job where you can work from home and work your own hoursthis could be the job you’ve been waiting for.
You will be asked to sign a very basic NDA in order to protect our IP and site security. The salary is extremely competitive and there is an opportunity to move up the ranks, earn more money and have more influence in the company as it grows.
If you’re interested, please email me – hello at knowyourmobile dot com – and tell me a bit about yourself, where you’re based, and attach a 500 Op-Ed (opinion piece) about something tech-related that matters to you. If your app cuts the mustard, we’ll contact you.
If this all sounds like something you’re interested in, email me at hello at knowyourmobile dot com – you should write it as an appropriate email address; I didn’t because it would be picked up by bots and my email would be spammed to death!
Richard Goodwin has worked as a technical journalist for over 10 years. He is the publisher and owner of KnowYourMobile.