- payment provider ACI Worldwide Inc. said its data indicates that the number of tax payments made through a mobile device increased 27% compared to the same period last year, while the dollar value soared 40%. Tax payments by credit card increased by 13% and increased by 8% by debit card. The dollar value of both is up 21%.
- payment provider Shift4 Payments Inc. launched its Caring with Crypto campaign, which uses The donation block, a cryptocurrency-based fundraising platform, to raise over $20 million for nonprofit organizations. Shift4 CEO Jared Isaacman will match the first $10 million in donations. Shift4 agreed earlier this month to acquire The Giving Block for $54 million in cash plus stock and cash worth $246 million as part of an earnout.
- POSaBIT Systems Corp., a point-of-sale processing specialist for the cannabis industry, announced its entry into the medical cannabis market in West Virginia, marking the ninth state where the company’s point-of-sale service is operational and the 16th where POSaBIT has a commercial presence.
- Block Inc. Square a point-of-sale company said it is partnering with CodeBase to give entrepreneurs in the UK access to Square’s technology. CodeBase is a UK-based start-up incubator
- Recurly Inc., a subscription management and billing provider, launched Recurly Partner Connect, a gateway integration technology. It allows Recurly’s payment partners to obtain certification and establish connections with Recurly’s API.
- Adobe Inc. announced its Adobe Experience Cloud has several new features, including access to PayPal Holdings Inc. payment products and buy online, pick up in-store capabilities.
- Online payment specialist Digital River Inc. named Krista Berry, former executive of Everlane, Kohl’s and Nike, to its board of directors.
- the ATM Industry Association said Carlos Siewczynski, executive vice president of business development at Coinsource, has joined its board. Coinsource provides bitcoin ATM services.
Mobile Tax Payments Up 27% and Other Digital Transactions News Brief 3/15/22 – Digital Transactions
After holding out for the past two years, the two largest card networks in the country are…